Tell the Driver
A Biography of Elinor F.E. Black, MD
A biography of Dr. Elinor Black (1905-1982), the first Canadian woman to gain membership in the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in London.
Currently out of print.
“Deftly incorporating her subject’s own voice through excerpts fromher diaries and letters—Black was an expressive and enthusiastic writer—Vandervoort has written a biography that should appeal to all interested in Canadian medical history, and in the history of women inthe 20th century.”
– Canadian Book Review Annual
About the Author
Julie Vandervoort writes creative non-fiction and memoir. She has worked extensively in human rights law and as an environmental activist and singer with the international Gaia Project. She lives in Nova Scotia.
- Tell the Driver: A Biography of Elinor F.E. Black, MD
- Julie Vandervoort (Author)
- Published January 1992, 328 pages
- Cloth, ISBN: 9780887551574, 6 × 9, $29.95
- Topic(s): Biography, Gender Studies, History, Medical History, Women’s Studies