Join us for a celebration of new research from the UVic History Department as part of the CHA conference at Congress 2019 in Vancouver!
Date: Monday, June 3rd, 12:00 pm to 1:30pm
Location: Room 1197, Buchanan Tower (1873 East Mall), Vancouver
We will toast the 2018-19 publications:
• At the Bridge: James Teit and an Anthropology of Belonging (UBC Press) Wendy Wickwire
• A Woman in Between: Searching for Dr. Victoria Chung (CCHS) John Price with Ningping Yu
• The Collectors: A History of the Royal British Columbia Museum and Archives (RBCM) Pat Roy
• _Witness to Loss _(MQ Press) Jordan Stanger-Ross co-edited with Pam Sugiman.
• Orca: How We Came to Know and Love the Ocean’s Greatest Predator (Oxford) Jason Colby
• Out There Learning: Critical Reflections on Off-Campus Study Programs (UofT) Elizabeth Vibert co-edited with Deborah Curran, Cameron Owens and Helga Thorson)
• Britain, America, and the Special Relationship since 1941 (Routledge) Brian McKercher, Winston Churchill: At War and Thinking of War before 1939 (Routledge) Brian McKercher co-edited with Antoine
• Towards a New Ethnohistory: Community Engaged Scholarship among the People of the River (Univ of Manitoba ) John Lutz coedited with Keith Thor Carlson, David M. Schaepe, Naxaxalhts’i –Albert “Sonny” McHalsie